Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Magazine Research - NME 2

I am also researching this magazine cover as it differs greatly for the Under the Radar magazines I looked at - this looks more vintage style and also looks as if it would suit the indie rock genre rather than indie pop.

The red and white colour scheme also appears on this magazine which therefore also suits the normal convention, although yellow text is also used.

The image used on this front cover looks very desaturated which follows convention. The clothes that the models are wearing follow the house style which contains black within the colour scheme. I would very much like to use this idea because it looks professional and the picture links in with the rest of the magazine cover. 

I have noticed that on NME covers the masthead doesn't always stay the same colour, different colours are used which would contrast more with the background and also fit each colour scheme for each individual magazine. Here are a few examples:



               


I have noticed that each masthead is a different colour because of the colour of the main cover story tagline. I would definitely use this idea because it adds uniqueness to each edition of the magazine. I also noticed that props that the model would wear or hold (in these examples - mug, jackets and glasses, chair) would also be the same colour as the masthead and tag line. I think that this is a great idea.

This has influenced my creative ideas greatly because it is an idea that I do really, really like. I would definitely use this idea for my music magazine because the colour of the masthead and tagline is specific to each magazine. In addition, this idea is not used in many successful magazines such as Q and Under The Radar which makes this much more appealing to the audience, in my opinion, which is why I like it so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment