Monday, 13 October 2014

Magazine Research - imr

I don't like this music magazine.

I think it looks very unprofessional although I do like some of the features.

I dislike the masthead on this front cover as it is very small and there is no definite colour scheme on the masthead or throughout the front cover.

Also, the layout looks very basic. Therefore, I will not use this idea for my music magazine. However, I like the way that smaller pictures are used on the front cover so I may use this idea.

I think there is too much white space on the magazine, around where it says "Warehouse Republic". Personally, I think that this makes the magazine look inadequate.

I dislike the font used on this magazine because it is what is seen around schools - this makes the magazine look as if it has been make by someone quickly with little thought process.

The models on this magazine are placed right at the bottom of the page which doesn't follow the normal convention for magazine front covers. They are all dressed in smart clothes which doesn't really follow the house style and fonts which looks very casual.

One of the models is smoking which fits the stereotypical idea of people in this music genre. However, the cigarette doesn't look very casual because it has only just been lit - this makes the model seem awkward because the cigarette looks like it is only a prop and not a part of the lifestyle of the musicians that are featured on the front cover.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this post - you have thought critically about what doesn't work [ in your opinion] and you have also linked representation. Well done.

    ReplyDelete