Thursday, 9 October 2014

Magazine Research - Under the Radar 1

This is one of the magazines that I am using as research for my music magazine.

The first thing I notice is that the colour scheme is relatively simple, white grey and navy. However, the image used for the front cover is very bold and noticeable. This allows the reader to notice the models first alongside the phrase "Alt-J in multicolour".

Also, I have noticed that many famous names and bands are mentioned on the cover stories which allows the magazine to look more professional and sophisticated.

The image used on the front cover is very unique because 2 out of the 3 models are not looking directly into the camera, this is unconventional. This makes the image look casual and informal which I believe is what the photographer was trying to achieve. In addition, the model who is placed at the front of the 3 has a strange facial expression which is not normally seen when posing for a music magazine. This makes the magazine look very unique and bold.

The main words on this front cover are all in red, bold writing which makes that colour scheme more prominent. Also, the models are all covered in paint, most of which is red, which follows the house style.

No comments:

Post a Comment