Saturday, 15 November 2014

Target Audience Research Survey

I carried out a questionnaire which I printed out and gave to students around Sixth Form, I also gave this paper survey to people aged 16-20 that I knew out of College. 70 people were asked altogether (both genders, and a range of ages), I think that this was a good sample of people to ask.
The were results were as follows:

I am making a new Indie Rock magazine. I have included a few ideas and for the Target Audience Research I need the opinions of possible readers. Please complete the following questionnaire. (It is all anonymous and any further comments will be appreciated.)

1. For the front cover of my magazine, a distinct colour scheme is needed. What colours do you think should be included?
- Red, Green and White: 0
- Blue, Black and White: 21
- Pink, Blue and Black: 1
- Pink, Blue and White: 2
- Light Blue, Dark Blue and White: 4
- Monochrome: 15
- Red, Blue and White: 27

2. On my front cover, should I include an artist on their own (male or female singer) or a band?
a) A single artist: 28
b) A band: 42

3. Depending on your answer for Question 2; if you put "a" then should I include a male or female artist? And if you chose part B, a female, male or mixed group?
a) - Male: 19
    - Female: 9

b) - Male: 18
    - Female: 10
    - Mixed: 14

4. Should a "Win" article be included?
- Yes: 52
- No: 18

5. On an indie magazine, the masthead normally takes up 1/6th of the front page. What colour do you think this should be?
- Black: 36
- Red: 7
- White: 14
- Blue: 13

6. For the images throughout my magazine, where would be the best location for some images? (Although you may like more than one, only choose one answer as I will use the top three)
- Chicken Farm: 14
- Studio shots: 13
- Cafe: 10
- The Humber Bridge: 17
- Park: 0
- Inside a car: 3
- Music Studio: 9
- Car garage: 0
- Graveyard: 4
- Local Pub (at the bar): 0
- Open field: 0

7. Should be contents page be on one side of A4 (Single page) or 2 sides (Double page)?
- Single: 23
- Double: 47

8. How many pages should my magazine cover (and will be shown through the page numbers on my Contents page).
- 50 to 75: 2
- 75 to 100: 14
- 100 to 125: 20
- 125+: 34


Lastly, how do you consume (read) magazines?
- Buy and read print: 34
or
- Online (tablet/mobile): 36


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment